PDA

View Full Version : SdFeatureDialog woes

dsalonius
10-22-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm calling SdFeatureDialog during my installation to let the user choose what features to install. Unfortunately, if the user chooses to change the destination path to a different drive letter, the INSTALLDIR property is not updated at that time. The dialog box uses drive C as the choice for determining if there is enough disk space, and if there is not - it won't let you go past.

To clarify:

current path: c:\

Space Required 100000kb
Space Available 50000kb

The user selects Drive Space, and chooses Drive D: - the screens says:

current path: d:\

Space Required 0kb
Space Available 2000000kb

If I set INSTALLDIR to svDir after the function is called, and the user clicks Back - when they return to the dialog, the new drive's (D:) space is reflected.

So it seems that when the user chooses a path in the SdFeatureDialog, the path is not used in the space calculations within that screen - what gives? I found a user who reported this behavior back in February but with no response.

Thanks in advance for any help,

David Salonius
Well Control School

csgollapudi
02-13-2004, 06:22 AM
I have the same problem with devStudio9.0. I saw a kb article saying it is fixed in developer8.0 and abaove but apprently is not fixed I guess!.
I an using an istall scipt project.

jhuna23
10-11-2017, 07:42 AM
I encountered the same issue but with Installshield 2012. Were you able to find a resolution to your problem?