PDA

View Full Version : DiskImage.cpp error

Irv Schaefer
10-20-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm using InstallShield Professional 6.1 (yes, I know, this is old). This is for a project that I have built successfully in the past, on this system and on a different system. Now, when I try to build it, I get this essentially meaningless error:

Error 132: Internal error in file D:\is6\code\Front End\MediaBuild30\DiskImage.cpp, line: 226 "The system cannot find the file specified."

What changed? A while ago, I installed InstallShield Deverloper 7.0, and build some stuff with it. After this, I could no longer build with InstallShield Professional 6.1. Since then, I have uninstalled both versions of InstallShield and re-installed just InstallShield Professional 6.1, with no change.

This project works on another system (Win2000), but not on this one (Win98). It used work on this system. Does anyone have any idea what in the world this error means?

Anything would be appreciated...

dhesog
10-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Please check that at least one component is associated with the media. If none of the components are associated, then this error may come up.

Does this error come with all types of Media you are building?
You can also try registering the MediaBuild30.dll, that is present in the ‘Common Folder/InstallShield’. Use Regsvr32.exe to register it from the command line. Now, try building the media again and see if the error still persists.

Hope this helps!

Irv Schaefer
10-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Thank you for your reply. I'm using Win98, so there is no regsvr32. The dll is registered properly in the list of shared dll's; I don't have any idea what additional registration might be needed.

I believe I have found the problem, anyway. I downloaded SHOWDEP, and used it to check out MediaBuild30.dll. It showed one error, a missing DBGHELP.DLL. This is a Windows dll, and I have no idea why it was missing. I found another copy of this (who knows if the correct version), and it seems to work now; at least, I was able to do the build.

Any idea why this error is so cryptic? I assume this is an MS error, but if they would at least let me know which dll or which entry point it can't find, rather than talking about a source file...

Anyway, it seems to work now. Thank you for your answer.:)