PDA

View Full Version : Loading a custom 16 bit DLL through IS6.0

Harbatuk
10-20-2003, 12:05 PM
When I utilize the "Media Build Wizard" in Installshield it creates a "disk1" folder. When I test the contents of the disk1 folder,(setup.exe)the app starts to load, when it reaches a certain point in the installation I get a " Unable to Load aaa.dll". This error message is an error message that has been written in the Script.
Does anyone know why a 16bit dll will not load through the Installshield Professional version. It only referencing the file not utilizing it.
You help is appreciated.:) :confused:

dhesog
10-20-2003, 01:31 PM
I would suggest you to please visit the following link to see the dll compatibility with InstallShield :

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q100240

This article also suggests the ways to troubleshoot the problems related to dll's.

Hope this helps!

Harbatuk
10-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Thank you for your reference link. This was mentioned in the link...

Verify that the DLL you are using is 32-bit if you are using 32-bit InstallShield or 16-bit if you are using 16-bit InstallShield. If you try to load a 16-bit DLL with 32-bit InstallShield or a 32-bit DLL with 16-bit InstallShield, the UseDLL call will fail.

Does this mean that I cannot use a custom 16 bit DLL with a 32-bit Installshield? Is there way around this? Please confirm.
Thank you.

KHarbatuk