PDA

View Full Version : IIS Virtual Directories

nnjcsc
10-16-2003, 09:16 AM
I am trying to create a virtual directory. The help states the following:

To create a virtual directory on the target system at run time:

1. Go to the IIS Virtual Directories view by clicking the icon in the View List.

What is "the icon"? Where do I go to create a virtual directory?

Thanks and regards.

Mark at IS
10-16-2003, 11:42 AM
The topic "IIS Virtual Directories" states, "The topics in this section do not apply to InstallScript and InstallScript Object projects." I have entered work order 1-G70W6 to add this note to each individual topic to which it applies.

nnjcsc
10-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Is there a function to create IIS Virtual Directores in InstallScript? If not are there any plans to?

I am a bit disappointed that this is not available in InstallScript. InstallShield really should create a function to perform this using InstallSciprt. We have to call Visual Basic .dll's to perform any IIS functions?

There should also be a complete list of what is available or not available in InstallScript and Windows Installer.

Thanks and regards.

Mark at IS
10-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by nnjcsc
Is there a function to create IIS Virtual Directores in InstallScript? If not are there any plans to?Currently there are no such functions. We hope to give InstallScript projects the functionality of MSI projects in future releases.

nnjcsc
10-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Is there any way I can open an "enhancement request" or "work order" (whatever you call it) to prioritize creating a function for InstallScript IIS virtual directories? Maybe it could be in the next maintenence release for DevStudio 9?

Thanks and regards.

Mark at IS
10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
I have entered work order 1-G7V7P for this feature request.

nnjcsc
10-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks Mark.