PDA

View Full Version : Not downloading the correct setup size

pyang1
10-16-2003, 04:37 AM
Hi,

I've a problem with the updates using vBuild2.1. From vBuild, it says that the update is only ~9MB but when i run the setup, it downloads the entire setup which is ~23MB. I though vBuild will check whether the setup is meant for new users or for existing upgrade users?

Why isn't it downloading only 9MB of the setup?

IlanaB
10-16-2003, 05:17 AM
I am assuming that you have created an Online update package between two versions.
During the update installation, vBuild will be called to scout for previously installed versions. If a previous version is found, only the required updates will be downloaded. If a previous version is not found, a full release of the previous version is downloaded.

It seems that for some reason vBuild cannot find the previous version. This might happen is when the target version has a different GUID than the previous version, and the search rules supplied are incorrect.

Another situation where a full version will always be downloaded is if you choose save & install option during your setup. The saved version is always a full installation, so even if you have previous versions installed, a complete version and not only the required updates will be downloaded .

If neither of these apply, it might be easier to understand how this could have happened for your media if we talk directly. Please send me your phone number to ilana@redbend.com and I will contact you.

Regards,
Ilana

pyang1
10-16-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm using the save and install option. Reason being that i'm not able to get the first option, run setup directly from the internet to work. Which i post as another question in the forum.

So I'll try to get the run setup directly from internet to work first and i'll check whether it is downloading the correct size.

Another question. How can i check the download size when i don't choose to download the setup to my machine?

Thank you.