PDA

View Full Version : Media file delta not found error during scouting

pyang1
10-16-2003, 04:33 AM
Hi,

I'm having this problem of installing a setup from One Click installation when i choose the option of running the setup without saving the setup to my computer.

During installation, when it reach the stage of scouting for I guess the data1.vcu file it will prompt the error " Media file Delta not found. Setup will terminate".

I don't have this problem when i choose the second option, Save the setup to the computer and run the setup.

Does anyone knows what's wrong with my installation??

IlanaB
10-16-2003, 08:14 AM
To create vBuild packages for One Click Install (OCI) media you need to create an Online package .

The data1.vcu file you mention is only created for Offline packages (for Online packages it's data1.vcd). Offline packages cannot be installed from the web even if they were created from and OCI media. Packaging an OCI media as an Offline update will not preserve the OCI capability - only Online packages do that.

This is exactly what happened and what produced the error. The save or save&install option is working as the entire installation is downloaded.

To solve the problem, use Online package instead of Offline in the vBuild package definition screen - this will work and will also reduce the download size when a previous version is already installed.

Ilana

pyang1
10-16-2003, 10:13 PM
I did try with the Online package from vBuild by selecting the OCI option. I probably got it mixed up. I was using the data1.vcd. But still gets the same error.

Any advise?

IlanaB
10-17-2003, 11:50 AM
The message you are reporting can only happen if the vBuild package you have created is missing one of the *.vcd files - there should be both data1.vcd and data2.vcd. It can also happen if you are not posting to the web server the entire package created by vBuild, e.g. you only copy the .vcd files but not the other files in the package.

Here is what I suggest you do:
1. In the Preferences dialog, clean the cache and turn it off.
2. Re-build the Online package without using cache.
3. Make sure the media created by vBuild includes both data1.vcd and data2.vcd
4. Copy the entire package created by vBuild to the website & try to install again.

If this does not work, please send the following to ilana@redbend.com:
* your vBuild project file (the file with extension rbp).
* The statistics and log file created with your vBuild package. These are .txt files and can be found in the parent folder of where your Online package folder is created.

We will look at them and see how we can help you.

Ilana

IlanaB
10-22-2003, 08:49 AM
After a thorough examination that included logging the download requests generated by vBuild vs. actual download request logs on your webserver, the problem was identified as a known bug in InstallShield download code.

The bug causes the downloads to get stuck on some combination of Linux/Apache server versions, causing some Online installations to fail.

Until this bug is fixed, the only workaround available is updating the Apache and/or Linux versions on your webserver or using a Windows webserver.