PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Setup Leaves Install in Undefined State - Workaround doesn't seem to work.

sankarts
10-16-2003, 02:16 AM
Hi,

I'm using InstallShield Professional 6.31
During the installation process of our application, it is interrupted couple of times (by switching-off the machine etc). Now I'm unable to enter into the maintenance mode from the "Add/Remove Programs" diallog.
So, this bug can be described as "Cancelling Setup Leaves Install in Undefined State".

Since this is a known bug of IS 6.31, I tried the workaround mentioned for the bug "Cancelling Setup Leaves Install in Undefined State", but in vain.

Workarounds (I tried):
Delete the file C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{...GUID...}\setup.ilg. For this you must first make the hidden directory C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information visible.

What else I need to do so that I could uninstall / upgrade the application? Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated?.

yatest5
10-16-2003, 03:45 AM
HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/<GUIDOFYOURPROJECT> from the reigstry. Your setup will then run as a first time install as well. Optionally you can clean up the thigns your installation installed but this often isn't necessary if you're goingto install again.