PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Disk Prompts For Multiple Disk Install

cwhite124
10-14-2003, 04:49 PM
My install has to span across 4 disks. I use the Release Wizard to do a custom span so that I can assign features to particular disks. Disk1 contains some files that are compressed and others that are uncompressed. Disks 2, 3, and 4 contain uncompressed files.

My install also has support for multiple languages. Now, this is where things get tricky.

At the moment, my install works correctly if I build my install with only support for United States English. During the moving of files, InstallShield prompts for the correct disk when it needs to move a particular feature. However, if I add support for more than one language, strange things happen. Under this scenario, InstallShield displays a disk prompt with the prompt text for the previous disk. So, say the prompt for Disk1 is supposed to say "Install Disk1" and the prompt for Disk2 is supposed to say "Install Disk2". When InstallShield needs to move files from Disk2 it prompts with "Install Disk1". Even though I can put Disk2 into the drive and have it move the files. So just the prompt is wrong. The same thing happens if it needs Disk3..it prompts for Disk2 and so forth and so on.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been working on this for days.

Thanks in advance!