PDA

View Full Version : Can't sign

enjolras
10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
I realize that this issue has come up quite literally dozens of times, but it appears to be with very little resolution.

I'm running Windows XP and 6.31, and I can not digitally sign OCI's. Period. I have a brand new Authenticode certificate from Verisign, properly setup in the GUI and am having ZERO luck signing anything.

I can use the signcode.exe wizard to sign executable files without issues. However, isign.exe continually tells me that my password is wrong when launched from the command line. I'm quite positive at this point that the password is right.

I'm at my wits end and this is something I need to wrap up ASAP. Some people reported success using the isign provided with version 7, and there where promises of some kind of fix for this issue two years ago as far as I can tell. Is there a fix available for 6.31? Can I get it? Can I get the version 7 isign to see if that solves any of my problems?

Thanks,

Nick

dhesog
10-14-2003, 07:11 AM
You need to apply the hotfix for Professional 6.31 in order to digitally sign your OCI on a XP machine. Please download and apply the hotfix from the following KB article :

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q106585

Please go through the KB article as it discusses all the details regarding digitally signing the OCI's.

Hope this helps!