PDA

View Full Version : statusbar

LAlexander
10-13-2003, 08:43 AM
i'd like to update my statusbar after the file copying process. i used the SetStatusWindow function. but with this function it is just possible to set the text in the first line of the statuswindow. so i see my text in the first line and the other text (copying filse, register, etc.) in the second line. is it possible to control both lines???
thanks alex

Mark at IS
10-13-2003, 09:39 AM
The second line displays the Status Text property of each feature as it is installed. You can reset these properties in the Features or Setup Design view.

RGfocus
08-24-2004, 06:38 AM
I can't find these properties in the Features or Setup Design view! I know the status text could be edited in earlier versions (Installshield 5.5).

Anyway, I need to set the line2 text while running a 3.party setup (LaunchAppAndWait), after the file transfer. Anyone who knows how??

Thanks in advance!

Rob Jones
08-26-2004, 10:57 AM
The Feature property 'Status Text' is NOT available with an InstallScript MSI project (search the Help system for 'Feature Properties' and look towards the bottom of the screen). However, I did find a way to get at the status dialog and modify the text strings. I'll be posting a new thread in this forum later this morning outlining how I did this.