PDA

View Full Version : v2.1 Error writing to file ddd

rcbird
10-11-2003, 02:25 AM
I have just upgraded from version 1.1 to version 2.1. I have been getting an error dialogue during the matching phase. The error dialogue says "Error writing to file ddd". I click OK then a warning dialogue replaces it. It says "Matching operation failed". I click OK, the dialogue disappears. I am able to confirm the matching and proceed to building, and the resulting update seems to install correctly. Do you know what is going here? Is this a real problem?

This does not happen all the time - it does not happen for each version that I match. But when it does happen, it is repeatable - it happens every time I retry doing the matching for that particular pair of versions. It occurs during the last stage of matching - while trying to match renamed files.

Regards,
Ray

Alon
10-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Hi,

We have identified the problem. We indeed create a temporary file named "ddd" during the matching 4th phase (renamed files) in some rare cases. The problem is that we create it in the current working folder and not in the temporary folder where we create the rest of the files. The current working folder is dynamically set during vBuild execution due to some "browse for file" dialogs. What I suggest you to do in order to workaround the problem is to close vBuild before you do the problematic matching, run it again and select the RBP file from the initial Project dialog under "Open an existing project" list (dont use the list under the File menu item).

Btw, the problem might also occur if you run two vBuilds in parallel, but I doubt this is the case. Furthermore, I'm sure the problem also exist in vBuild 1.1

Alon.

rcbird
10-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi Alon,
thank-you - your solution has worked out fine for us.
Regards,
Ray