PDA

View Full Version : SetupType2 Not selecting default radio button

tomcat2001
10-09-2003, 04:44 PM
I'm using the SetupType2 dialog in my installation. I upgraded from Developer 8 where this install was working fine and built it in DevStudio 9 where everything seemed to be fine. However, when i run it none of the buttons are selected initially although it appears to me that I'm passing it to select COMPLETE initially. Any help appreciated.

Lance Johnson

tomcat2001
10-09-2003, 04:52 PM
One more interesting thing. When I create a new installer, this seems to work fine, so it's only on the one(s) I've upgraded.

Lance Johnson

tomcat2001
10-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Still no replies. Well this is really annoying me. I created an installshield Scipt MSI installer from scratch. So I want the MSI features but I also like the control of Installscript. And if I do this and try to call the SetupType2 dialog, it does this same thing, so what gives?

Lance Johnson

RichAquino
10-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi Lance,

Here's what you should do:

1. Unzip the attachment to your script files folder. It contains an updated SetupType2.rul file.
2. At the bottom of your setup.rul, add this text:
#include "SetupType2.rul"
3. Recompile.
4. The dialog should work properly.

This issue (WO 1-G81XD) will be fixed in the SP.

Rich

gerrysimblett
10-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys, I had same problem, but in a brand new InstallScript MSI project where SetupType2 always returns the value1. The attachement works for custom selection but NOT for complete/typical. I needed to change the line

if (BUTTON_CHECKED = CtrlGetState(DLG_SETUPTYPE2_DIALOG, NDLG_RBUT_COMPLETE)) then

to

if (BUTTON_CHECKED = CtrlGetState(DLG_SETUPTYPE2_DIALOG, SD_RADIO_COMPLETE)) then

to make it work properly.

Cheers,

Gerry

Dianna
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Did this get fixed in the SP 1? Because I installed SP 1 and I still have this problem. I tried doing a seach for the WO number and it gets me NO where. Do I need to go to a specific page to check on its status?

fourcorners
03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
I installed SP1 and this problem still existed. The problem occurs when I use the SetupType2 function. I've gotten around it temporarily by using the SdSetupType2 function. But I really want the functionality of the SetupType2 function.

(Standard Project)