PDA

View Full Version : DLL Function Call Crashed:

soulMiner
10-08-2003, 11:34 AM
ISRT._RegCreateKey

I don't understand what DLL is being called at this time... IsUser.DLL? Why is RegCreateKey there?

What does this error message mean?
How do I correct this error?

DevinEllingson
10-08-2003, 03:11 PM
soulMiner,

ISRT._RegCreateKey is an internal call made by the runtime to create registry keys.

Can you provide more information about exactly what the setup is trying to do that causes this crash, and/or sample code that reproduces the problem.

Thanks,
Devin Ellingson
InstallShield Software Corporation

soulMiner
10-08-2003, 03:42 PM
OnMoveData -> Called from OnMaintUi

Stepping through the code below the code line in red triggers the message, trying to fix it, (commenting it out etc, I get a Component Move Data Error)

//SNIP

szAppPath = TARGETDIR;
// TO DO: if your application's main executable file is in a subfolder of TARGETDIR then append this subfolder to szAppPath
RegDBSetItem( REGDB_APPPATH, szAppPath );
RegDBSetItem( REGDB_APPPATH_DEFAULT, szAppPath ^ @PRODUCT_KEY );
szName = SUPPORTDIR ^ "Bbrd1.bmp";
PlaceBitmap(szName, 0, 50, 75, UPPER_RIGHT);

//SNIP

soulMiner
10-08-2003, 03:44 PM
I have also made sure that TARGETDIR is preserved throghout the function run, and the function is looping several times because that is how MaintUI calls it, (I might need to take a look at that) but after a while it bombs when setting that registry call, works ok in IS6 and IS7.

DevinEllingson
10-08-2003, 03:44 PM
soulMiner,

What is the value of TARGETDIR when this problem occurs?

Devin Ellingson

soulMiner
10-08-2003, 04:28 PM
TARGETDIR=C:\Program Files\Relius\GovForms\5500

DevinEllingson
10-08-2003, 04:57 PM
soulMiner,

Does this problem occur with a simple setup that uses this TARGETDIR and installs a couple of files?

Devin Ellingson

soulMiner
10-08-2003, 05:35 PM
I have another similar install where the TARGETDIR is the same, and no problem.

This seems to happen whenever inbetween some sort of transition from MaintUI to MoveData is all I can figure out.

I have done a couple of tweaks, to avoid, skip our custom UpdateUI, and it still happens. It is something wrong with the Per App_Path Key getting set and reset over and over again, but it is getting set to the same thing, so that shouldn't hurt.

Likewise, skipping setting the App_path Key will cause a Feature MoveData Error that describes a nonexistent Feature.

-Rory

DevinEllingson
10-08-2003, 05:55 PM
soulMiner,

There might some timing issues with reading from/writing to the registry, you might want to use a global boolean flag to ensure that you only call this once during the setup.

Devin Ellingson