PDA

View Full Version : installing from OnMaintUIBefore

zdiubaldo
10-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Hello, I have an event driven script that I would like to use as an updater. I am very new to InstallShield and I am sure this question as been answered before, but I need some help. I would like to update my software from the OnMaintUIBefore. I already have my OnMaintUIBefore doing a ComponentRemoveAll. That works just fine. My problem is that I when I do the install of my media files I get the isrt.dll access denied thing. I understand why this happens, but I need the GUID to stay the same between updates. Is there anything I can do? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks!

zach

niranbhimaiah
10-07-2003, 07:58 AM
Please see the following article on maintenance and updates which might be useful

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q104431

Regards
Niran Bhimaiah

zdiubaldo
10-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the help. I have tried that way with not very good responce. At the end of OnMaintUIBefore, I call ComponentReInstall and it won't copy the new files. All it does is copy the old files over themselves. That doesn't do me a whole lot of good. Am I doing something wrong here? Sorry I have only been playing with IS for like a week.

Also, even when doing the above action and calling LaunchAppAndWait to install services and such, I still get that isrt.dll access denied error. I call these functions from OnMaintUIAfter. I really don't want to have to change the GUID everytime I install this thing. Any ideas? Thanks!

zach