PDA

View Full Version : Silent Uninstall Help!

RAnderson16
10-06-2003, 10:36 AM
We are trying to use a silent uninstall to remove a piece of software that was installed using Installsheild 6.x. I want to get rid of the first message box that asks me "This will remove 'software' from your computer, do you want to proceed?". We are setting this up to run through sms and we don't want users to see anything. How do I make this work? I did the /r and ran setup it gives me and error, if I add /uninst and /r then it starts up the uninstall I click all of the appropriate boxes and it creates the .iss file, I moved the file into the correct folder. I re run the setup with /uninst /s and it still prompts me. Do I need to remove the /uinst ? Need help ASAP we are trying to finish up this package and it is the only item left to complete.

Thanks,
Bob

dhesog
10-06-2003, 12:09 PM
I would suggest you to please visit the following KB articles to silently uninstall your application:

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q104403

The above link discusses the steps to create a response file for silent uninstallation.

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q105066

The above link discusses the steps to silently uninstall another application from your installation.

Hope it helps!

RAnderson16
10-07-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm still unable to get rid of two dialog boxes, the same as before. If I try to run just /r, I get an error saying it can't load vbai60.dll. If I run /uninst /r , it will uninstall and create a response file (attached), but when I go back and run /s it doesn't do anything the cursor changes to the hour glass for a second and then nothing happens. If I add /uninst /s then it will prompt me with the dialog boxes. If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks.

buildit
10-09-2003, 11:55 AM
You can run

LaunchApp("msiexec.exe", ""/qn /x {GUID}");

from your main installer script.

jsparks
10-09-2003, 02:34 PM
You will probably need to pass the path to the silent uninstall response file using the -f1 parameter to get this to work. If you are launching this uninstall with your product install place a copy of the .iss file in your supportdir and supply the path to that location when you launch setup.exe

setup.exe /s /f1<SUPPORTDIR ^ Setup.iss>