PDA

View Full Version : Install Size

NaKLocutus
10-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Hi i have a component with the name Multimedia which has no files. It is just use to figure out if the user wants to copy certan avi files from the source media (2 cd's) to his hard drive.

So far so good. If the component is selected a boolean variable is set true and afert the main components are copied the avi files are transfered.

But the component has no size of course. Now how can i set the size of the component manually:

ComponentSetData( MEDIA, "Multimedia", COMPONENT_FIELD_SIZE, 1500000000, "15000000" );

does not work.

Need help

Locutus

dhesog
10-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Please let me know if the avi files are included in the component named Multimedia or with any other component? If the files are in some other components then there will be no size displayed for this component.

ComponentSetData() is used to set the properties of the component specified in the function which are accessible from the Components pane in the InstallShield IDE.

NaKLocutus
10-07-2003, 02:26 AM
The Avi files are not included in any package. They are in a separat directory on the cd called mulmedia. If the "fake" component "Multimedia" is selected a process of this component is called which starts an xcopy of these files to the harddrive.

The problem is i have to check if there is enought disk space left. But the component is empty so installshield doesn't give it any size.

Locutus

dhesog
10-07-2003, 12:38 PM
You can include the files with that component so that the component size will be included in the setup size when the total space required for the setup is checked.
To check the available disk space, include the files in the setup and then prior to transferring the avi files, use the installscript function GetDiskSpaceEx() to check the available space in the target directory.

Please see the help library for more information over the function GetDiskSpaceEx.

Hope this helps!