PDA

View Full Version : .dll registration !!

magesh_wanda
10-03-2003, 05:01 AM
Hi,
I am registering lots of VC++ COM .dlls using LaunchAppAndWait() in my install shield scripts. After installation when I execute my application, I am getting "Class not registered" error.

I tried restarting the machine, then my application works fine. I believe dll registration gets complete only after restarting my machine. Why is it so ?

How do I make my application work avoiding the option of restarting machine?

Thanks in advance for any help.

regds
Magesh

yatest5
10-03-2003, 05:39 AM
Firstly, you don't need to do this manually. If you set the 'Registered' property of the file group containing these files to True InstallShield will register them for you.

Secondly, some .dll's need a restart to be fully registered, and any other dll's which depend on those being registered will also necessitate a restart. If you let IS manage it for you, it will show the 'restart' finish dialog if necessary. Since you're doing it manually at the moment and a restrat is required, it seems likely that this will always be the case. Just show SdFinishReboot at the end of your install and all will be fine (or use SDFinishEx and IS will show the right dialog for you).