PDA

View Full Version : An installation support file could not be installed. Access denied.

Rosemary
10-02-2003, 09:38 AM
On win2k, installshield setup fails but on XP machine it works fine. On win2k, the error message is:

An installation support file could not be installed. Access denied.

See file attachment for exact error message screenshot.

The error message does not provide the name of the support file. I have searched this forum and have read the KB articles about checking access rights, cleaning out temp folder, etc. So far, the problem persists.

Can anyone tell me at least how to reveal the name of the file in question? I think it would help to know this. Running setup.exe /verbose does not produce additional output as I had hoped.

This problem has been reported a number of times. Does anyone yet know the root cause? Is it a service pack that must be installed on the win2k machine? Is it environmental - meaning something to do with the temp directory or registry? Is it a bug in installshield?

ursvenky
10-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Did you delete the files from

Drive:\Documents and Settings\"Logged in User Name"\Local Settings\Temp\<Project GUID>

this folder. Once I did face the same problem but was solved after deleting the files from the above

All the best