PDA

View Full Version : Function List still disappears

alex42
10-02-2003, 07:02 AM
I had that problem in Dev7, heard of it in Dev8 and it seems its still present in DevStudio.
Eventually, mostly when I compile the script, the functions list disappears or gets reduced. I was able to bring it back in Dev7 by hitting return several times in the script, that doesn't seem to work anymore.
Also, when defining a string, syntax highlighting sometimes seems to skip the last ", so all following code gets a red highlight, until it encounters I-dont-know-what.

While these are bugs one can live with, I find them highly annoying, especially browsing through my code to find specific functions until the list decides to come up again.

Has anyone figured something out to bring the list back at once?

Jim Kang
10-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Do you know how to reproduce this behavior consistently? If so, can you list the steps?

alex42
10-03-2003, 04:05 AM
Hi Jim,

sorry to tell you, I can't reproduce it...it's not that I tried hard to make my list disappear :p

Like I said, the only event which triggers it eventually is compiling the script. Other times, I just look at my code without doing anything, suddenly the list is gone. It also comes up again sometimes without me doing anything. That seems to be a refresh which happens every once in a while. Or I have magical powers, who knows...

When I figure out how to reproduce it, I'll let you know.