PDA

View Full Version : Silent installation still shows "Finish" dialog

bommai
10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
We have a setup for an application that we have site license for. We are trying to deploy it through SMS which requires silent installation. I believe this setup was built using Professional 6. Not sure. I tried making an answer file using setup /r option. Opening the answer file setup.iss, I noticed there was no entry for the last dialog (Finish Dialog). I ran the setup using the answer file with setup /s option. It installed everything silently but still brought up the Finish dialog. How can I get rid of this dialog. I manually edited the iss file to include the SdFinish dialog but no luck.

Please help. Our SMS administrator will not allow us to deploy this software if it is not totally silent and the vendor of this application is not of much help either.

dhesog
10-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Please let me know the exact command you are using to create the response file.

As an alternative you can comment out the code where SdFinish() is called in the setup.rul file.

This will restrict the Finish dialog box from appearing. Create a response file for this setup and let me know if it works!

bommai
10-02-2003, 01:07 PM
I am using setup /r to create the setup.iss file. I don't have access to the rul file because this is just an installer setup delivered to us by a third party. We did not develop it locally. Also, in the setup.iss file that is created when running setup /r, there is no SdFinish. It looks like setup /r is not capturing the SdFinish dialog. I even tried adding SdFinish manually to the iss file but still no luck.

I am attaching a zip file with two setup.iss files in it. One is the default one created by setup /r and the other one is my attempt at customizing this file.

Both yield the same results. After the installation has finished, the finish dialog comes up with the View Read Me checked.

-Siva