PDA

View Full Version : Translation to French

Rotem_G
09-30-2003, 02:36 AM
Hello,
I am new to Installshileld so this may be a trivial question.

I am translating my application to French.
Which I did real good considering, but I still have a few dialogs I just can't find where the definitions are (I am changing in the dll and exe files the changes) :

1. While installing I get message in a small box with no action that goes away after a few seconds :
"Please wait, installation in process"
I didn't find this line nowhere.

2. When uninstalling the program, I get :
"Are you sure you want to uninstall ************* 1.0 and all its components?"
well in French, but the buttons are still in English while I need to change the buttons.

3. I need to change the little install icon in the windows prompt, as far as I know, it should be "iuser.dll",
but when installing, it shows for a minute and then changes back to the IS original.

Please advise,
Thank you,
Rotem.

dhesog
09-30-2003, 07:55 AM
I am assuming that you have installed the respective language pack to support the French language. Following are the responses of your queries in their order:

1. The dialog box which you are getting is a standard Initialization dialog box and you can not change or hide it.

2. To customize the dialog box for different languages, please refer the following KB article :

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q105174

This link explains how to customize the dialog box for German language. You can follow the same procedure for your setup.

3. Please let me know exactly, which icon do you want to change so that I can assist you further. If possible, please attach the screenshot with your reply.

Rotem_G
10-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Thank you,
I do have the language pack, but :
1. I know this is a standard box in InstallShiled, I don't want to change it just make the text be in French.
Attach box in the file.

2. The icon shown on the windows bar, while installing, I need to change it, attach snap of windows in the file.

Thank you much.
Rotem.

Rotem_G
10-02-2003, 05:00 AM
I have found the solution for (1).
Now I only have only the problem with (2).

Thank you,
Rotem.

:confused: