PDA

View Full Version : Files installation

micsor
09-29-2003, 09:23 AM
I need to execute a custom action (exe file) to copy (manually) some files from the source CD.
Is it possible to send to the exe the exact path of the CD-drive on the target machine?

thanks

RichAquino
09-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi,

From a previous post, it appears that you have an InstallScript MSI project, so I'll answer the question assuming that.

Also, assuming that this is an EXE that you are writing, you can make your EXE just accept a command line parameter that is the source path. All you'll have to do is set the Command Line property of the EXE custom action to something like this:
[SourceDir]. Please see the help topic on the SourceDir property for more information.

Rich

micsor
09-30-2003, 02:49 AM
Thanks,
[SourceDir] is what i was looking for.

but where can i find a list of all the possibilities (i mean [SourceDir], [InstallDir], [TargetDir]...) ?

RichAquino
09-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Hi,

These are all Windows Installer properties. There's a property reference in our help library...

Windows Installer\Properties\Property Reference

You'd most likely be interested in anything that ends in "Dir" or "Folder".

Rich

Eric Thomas
10-24-2003, 01:31 PM
This topic is also available in InstallShield HelpNet, our Web-based online help. Here's a direct link:

http://helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/helplibdevstudio9/IHelpPropReference.htm