PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Upgrading

micsor
09-26-2003, 05:40 AM
Hi,
i'm trying to realize a Major Upgrade from a previous version of my software (old setup made with InstallShield Developer 7) using my new DevStudio9.
I've built the new release with DevStudio9 but when I test it, an error occurs: "1607 - it's impossible to install InstallShield Scripting RunTime" (the message is in Italian)

Is there someone who can help me?

Thanks, Michele

RichAquino
09-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi Michelle,

This should be working. A tester just verified it. As a test, please try manually running the isscript9.msi file. Do you get errors when running it?

Rich

micsor
09-29-2003, 08:13 AM
Yes, I've already tried to install ISScript9.msi. The install process runs correctly without errors.

I also run my software's installation package on another PC and I found non errors.

RichAquino
09-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Hi,

This is a pretty generic issue that is usually machine specific. Does anything in this (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q107070) KB Article help?

Rich

micsor
09-30-2003, 02:23 AM
YES !!!
I was in the 1.st case of the article (setup is run from a virtual drive created via the 'subst' command - or, better, I run the setup from a folder "C:\TEST\..." that is also configured as a drive "E:" whith SUBST)

Thanks a lot