PDA

View Full Version : object functions (featureevents.rul) does not compile

burked
09-23-2003, 01:15 PM
when I added an _Installed function to the MDAC 2.7 object, the install script does not compile.

It appears the new DevStudio compiler doesn't under stand a function name with a period in it. the function name is "MDAC2.7_Installed" (automatically generated), but the displayed function in the InstallScript tree is "7_Installed".

When I compile, I get

C8002: '7' function name expected
C8003 'MDAC2' function has no prototype declaration
C8006 missing '(' after function name
C8019 'end' expected type declaration

I can rename the object in the "Features" list to MDAC27 as well as the function definition and prototype to "MDAC27_Installed" and everything compiles.

Just thought everyone should know the bug and the work around.

thanks

d

Pranali Bhatt
09-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Hello,

I have submitted bug report for this issue,
Tracking number is: 1-FEDPT

For now, you can rename the function that is generated automatically to something like "MDAC2_7_Installed" in the installscript, and then call it from feature

Thanks,
Pranali

burked
09-23-2003, 02:19 PM
that's fine, same as i posted in my original note, but where do you select the function to call for that object? there doesn't appear to be an OnInstalled area like Pro 7 used to have.

thanks,

d

Pranali Bhatt
09-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Hello,

In the InstallScript view, from the left drop-down menu, select the object listed under event catagory "Move Data". From the right drop-down menu, select the function you want to add to this object. You can call this function from feature's Install, Uninstall properties

burked
09-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Super. Found the place at the Feature level where you assign the function to OnInstalling etc...

thanks,

d

p.s. Any prizes for finding a bug?
(free registration number would be great!)

DevinEllingson
09-24-2003, 06:37 PM
burked,

FYI, this is a known issue in Pro7 as well, the tracking # is 15731

Devin Ellingson
InstallShield Software Corporation