PDA

View Full Version : Automatic logout time?

mikegillow
09-16-2003, 10:33 AM
It often takes me a while to compose a message for posting (too many interruptions on my end). More often than not, when I finally get around to click on the submit button, I get a pop-up saying I'm not logged in. At which point I've lost all the message text that I have entered. Royal pain...

I have opted not to use cookies. What is the automatic logout time, and can it be adjusted?

thanks,

Mike

KellyF
09-16-2003, 10:57 AM
I'll check on the timeouts set...though things are busy, so it may be a while before I can let you know that...

I experience this too with several corporate support sites (and one has around a 10 minute timeout which I find useless). I typically will compose my question in a text editor and will only create my request and post the text at the very end.

KellyF

Originally posted by mikegillow
It often takes me a while to compose a message for posting (too many interruptions on my end). More often than not, when I finally get around to click on the submit button, I get a pop-up saying I'm not logged in. At which point I've lost all the message text that I have entered. Royal pain...

I have opted not to use cookies. What is the automatic logout time, and can it be adjusted?

thanks,

Mike