PDA

View Full Version : Installation Size

NaKLocutus
09-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Hi i have a setup with 5 components 3 are visible 1 of the components is actually not a "real" one, becaus is's only a visual aid which apears in the custum setup menu. it means:

i hava a component called "multimedia" but it has no groups attached. it only performs the action "OnInstalling.

The action copies 600MB of avi files to the hdd.

When i select it in the custom setup menu the component size is 0 which is logical becaus install shield doesn't know the files which are to be copied. My Question is :

How can is set the component size manually? the installation without is 110MB and with the multimedia comonents is's about 750MB.

Thx

Locutus

fighter
09-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I am not sure that you can set the component size.

Do you want to show the size of the install in the add/remove program? if yes, then you may refer to knowledge article http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp??pcode=ALL&articleid=Q105477

-Sudhir

NaKLocutus
09-18-2003, 11:55 PM
No i 'm trying to show the component size in the custom setup select dialog.

And because it's not a real component (just a copy function) it's 0 byte. and i want to set the size manually!

Locutus

fighter
09-22-2003, 04:44 AM
Hi,

Ohh, Ok. I didn't get your question last time.

I think you can set some properties to the dummy components (script created components) using ComponentSetData function. Pass COMPONENT_FIELD_SIZE as one of the parameter. I suggest have a look at this function.

But if you want to show this component in the component dialog then you need to do some manipulations on the MEDIA variable. Please go through the help on Script created components.

-Sudhir