PDA

View Full Version : Error : The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula

magesh_wanda
09-11-2003, 11:07 AM
HI everybody
I am using Install Shield professional 6.3 to package VC++ MFC application using Crystal Reports 8.0. I am also using some user defined COM .dll files which has some functions to be used in crystal report formula field.

I can see all of my reports working fine in build machine. After I package .rpt files with my .exe file and after installation in a test machine and try to execute reports, where I don't have VC++ or Crystal Reports, I am getting the following error.

"The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula". I am not able to execute any of the reports.

I have added Install Shield object for "Seagate Crystal Reports 8" with my install shield script. So I believe this would install of the runtime files required by Crystal Reports.

What could be the problem ? Should I add any more crystal runtime .dlls with my installer ? Am I missing anything ?

If anyone could help me, it'd be really great. Thanks in advance !!!!!

regds
Magesh

niranbhimaiah
09-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Are you installing VC mfc runtime files along with your setup?. mfc runtime files are required to run any mfc application. Please install these and try. Also check whether are required files are getting registerd.

Regards
Niran Bhiamaiah

magesh_wanda
09-11-2003, 11:46 PM
Hi Niran
Thanks for your reply. I have already added all MFC runtime files also. I could see my MFC application working fine. I am only not able to run any reports.

regds
Magesh