PDA

View Full Version : Unlocalised "Extracting files" screen

swaroopash
08-29-2003, 05:29 AM
I am using Install Shield 6.3 and am using language selection box for deciding Localization Language to be used. But the first screen where "Extracting Files" event takes place, till that time the Langauge Selection is not done and I dont know how to localise the "Extracting Files" screen.

I tried GetSystemInfo with LANGUAGE option but I get the handle of the program in "OnBegin" function, by the time control comes to this screen , the "Extracting Files" screen is already gone so how should I go about ,localizing this screen.

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks!!!

yatest5
08-29-2003, 07:54 AM
will come up in the language of your operating system (if it is supported by your setup).

If you have a one-language setup you can modify the appropriate *.plf file in \Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Standard Edition\Program\pftw\Languages to show the right language, but otherwise< I think its more hassle than its worth....

swaroopash
08-31-2003, 11:05 PM
Hi,

I am localizing the install in 5 languages but I don't know how to get the User Locale language and show the "Extracting Files " screen in that language unless the user has selected his language in the Language Dialog.

I have to do this as part of the product requirement.

How modifying the *.plf file help me because I can't understand the Japanese\Chinese langauges???

Thanks for your effort in advance!!