PDA

View Full Version : Repair/uninstall Install Shield

crabsucker
08-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I inherited an Install Shield problem. I am not familiar at all with Install Shield. When I try to install an update to software on a server that supports BlackBerry services, I get the following message:
"Insert the 'ISScript' disk and click OK." I doubt that Install Shield is included in the package that I am trying to install. Install Shield is already installed on the server. I need to do one of two things:

Either I must find a ISScript disk and complete the Install Shield program on the server or I must uninstall Install Shield completely.

The server is looking for a file named ISScript.msi on the ISScript disk. I have tried downloading this file from various sources, but when I try to use them, I get a message that the version of ISScript.msi is wrong. I do not know what version is needed, but the server has a file named IKernel.exe with version 6.30.100.1255. What version of ISScript.msi do I need and where can I get it?

I may also fix the problem by uninstalling Install Shield from the server. I do not know how this would impact software on the server that used Install Shield when it was installed. If I uninstall Install Shield, will it affect the working of other software on the server?

I have been working on this problem for almost a week now and am getting pressure from management so if you could respond quickly, you will be doing me a big favor. Can you help me?

yatest5
08-26-2003, 09:05 AM
is not a 'server' program, so uninstalling it shouldn't affect anything already installed. It may stop people who want to use InstallShield, for example to build an installation.

InstallShield is also not required to run an installation produced with it.

Sorry I canot help more.