PDA

View Full Version : How can I close sdWelcomeMaint mode

stanley Yu
08-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Dear all:
Sorry to asking this question because maybe some of you already ask it and have the answer but I am just learning how to do the Installshield so please help me......
Here is the problem I have it right now......
When I do the install at first time, it was fine but when I trying to install at second time the installshield will pop out the WelcomeMaint Mode window. How can I disable this Maintenance Mode and just run the second time install without jump into the maintenance mode and do the install job like first time.....

P.S. I am using the IS Version6.31

fighter
08-22-2003, 07:16 AM
Hi,

Have a look at KB article:

HOWTO: Getting Rid of Maintenance Mode
Document ID: Q104414

You can find this here:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q104414

Thanks,
Sudhir

niranbhimaiah
08-22-2003, 07:36 AM
By this do you mean that you do not need uninstallation also. If that is the case then add the following line onMoving event:

ComponentSelectItem(MEDIA, "Disk<1>", FALSE);

Regards
Niran Bhimaiah

stanley Yu
08-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Thank you for your help.....
By the way I do need to do the uninstallation from Control Panel's Add/Remove program but when I fellow the article Q104414 the installation was doing good but the uninstallation didn't work and I am still trying to figure it out need help on the uninstallation part.

fighter
08-25-2003, 06:11 AM
What is happening while uninstalling from Add/Remove Program?
Is it going back to installing?

-Sudhir

fighter
08-25-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi stanley Yu,

I have just created the test setup based on this article and it works perfectly for me. When I re-run the setup it goes to installation and installs the files correctly. But when I run the setup through the Add/Remove progranm this uninstalls the application.

Pl. chekc that you are following the exact steps given in the article. You may be missing something. Pl. check that bRemove boolean variable is declared as global variable.

Best of luck.

-Sudhir

nehaas
01-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Hello All,

I followed the KB Q104414 the uninstallation is workig fine n so is the installation but my files do not get replaced after installation. The files are not gettin replaced can anybody please help n give me a quicker solution.

Regards,
Neha

November
01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Hello All,

I followed the KB Q104414 the uninstallation is workig fine n so is the installation but my files do not get replaced after installation. The files are not gettin replaced can anybody please help n give me a quicker solution.

Regards,
Neha
did you ment to say that files are not replaced when you installed again?..are you sure that uninstall had removed all files and directories created by instrallation?

if it was unable to delete old files, then you can use DeleteDir(szTargetDir) to delete targeted directores in OnMaintUIBefore or OnMaintUIAfter