PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Professional 6.3 component disable

Andriy
08-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi All !!!
Please tell me, can I disable component checkbox in SdComponentTree dialog.
Is there some function like ComponentSelectItem to make component checkbox
disabled of enabled.

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Andriy.

esiemiat
08-22-2003, 08:22 AM
You can disable a component but only if you want it to be selected.

For example say you have a component name 'A'. You want this component to be shown and selected in the component list but not allow the user to deselect it. To accompish this you need to create a DUMMY component and add component 'A' to its required component list. Finally make the DUMMY component invisible so the user can't deselect it. Now when you run the install you will see component 'A' selected in the list, but it will be greyed out and you will not be able to change it's selected state.

Andriy
08-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Thanks a lot esiemiat.
But it's only one half of solution and what can you advice me to do if I want disable component with unchecked flag ???

Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely,
Andriy.

esiemiat
08-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Click on the following link to download the sample project from InstallShield.

Unclickable Component.zip (http://www.installshield.com/downloads/release.asp?xmlUse=n&releaseid=1350&target=/downloads/sampleprojects/Pro701-UnclickableComponent.zip)

This project was written in 7.01, but the code should work in 6.x. Just open the script files in any text editor to view the code.

Andriy
08-26-2003, 08:37 AM
I understand idea of this code. But still to do this I need a code of SdComponentTree dialog for InstallShield 6.3. Code from sample is difficult to compile (because some ISRT.dll functions are not available in 6.3).

Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely,
Andriy.