PDA

View Full Version : Remote Procedure call (RPC) Service has terminated unexpectedly

baloo76
08-13-2003, 02:50 PM
I have a customer who has the following problem:

"My computer has suddenly begun experiencing an error whenever I am on the internet, often within about 5 minutes. Now whenever I am on the internet I get a system message that the "Remote Procedure call (RPC) Service has terminated unexpectedly" after that my system will be shut down in one minute. It then reboots. I am running Windows XP."

Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

Bobtcny
08-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Searching Google for the message gave results that indicate the computer may have the Blaster worm that is going around. Symantec has a removal tool that checks the computer for the worm and removes it. Also your customer should download the patch from Microsoft even if the computer does not have the worm.

Here is the search page:

Google Search Results (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Remote+Procedure+call+%28RPC%29+Service+has+terminated+unexpectedly%22&btnG=Google+Search)

Don't know if this is the cause of the problem but it is worth checking out.

Not sure why you posted the question here. Did your customer recently install an application with IS?