PDA

View Full Version : Registry entries

petersjo
08-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Hello,
some questions about InstallShield Professional vers 6.3:
1.Does the InstallShield Installation routine make any registry entries?
2. How can I avoid it?
3. Where do I find the reinstalltion information ( in which file?)?

petersjo
08-14-2003, 01:18 AM
There are no answers??

fighter
08-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Hi,

From your post question is not clear. Can you please elaborate.

Does the InstallShield Installation routine make any registry entries? You mean to say deafult registries created by the setup? OR you want to know about registry functions? Same with other question, at least I didn't get what you are looking at?

-Sudhir

petersjo
09-04-2003, 01:57 AM
hi

You mean to say deafult registries created by the setup
Yes i want to know what the install shield software installs in the registry and if it is possible to avoid it?
best regards
joerg

petersjo
09-05-2003, 06:10 AM
hi

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i want to know what the install shield software installs in the registry and if it is possible to avoid it?
best regards
joerg

petersjo
09-19-2003, 07:03 AM
hi

quote:

best regards
joerg

fighter
09-22-2003, 04:28 AM
Hi,

InstallShield create default registry keys under HKLM depends on the Product name and Product version settings of the project. I think you cann't avoid these keys, only way to deete in the OnFirstUIAfter or OnEnd event.

-Sudhir