PDA

View Full Version : CreateObject and Windows Permissions

stephenyip
08-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Dear all,

I'm now using Installshield v6.31 to deliver my product.

My product includes some ActiveX DLL and OCX. I try to include them by setting Self-Register = True.

I try to install and run the product by Local Administrator. It runs smoothly.

However, if I try to login as one of the Domain Users and run the application, SOME objects on a OCX (actually it's just MSCOMCT2.OCX from Microsoft) failed to create the object. When I load a form having objects from that OCX, error occurs.

It said that that OCX cannot be registered. One or more files is\are missed.

How can I solve this problem? I've faced similar problem on Comdlg32.ocx and I try to run regedit to grant the permission of the CLSID of that OCX. It works afterwards.

But MSCOMCT2.OCX has so many objects available and I want to do this steps by Installshield instead of doing that manually.

Does anyone can help??

:(

nasagar
08-05-2003, 04:27 PM
The Domain user might not have the necessary priviliges to create new registry entry.

Use RegEdt32.exe to view the Access Permissions of the Domain Users on all the HKCR in the registry.

Sagar

stephenyip
08-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi,

I know how to use regedit to do this.

However, as my product use so many DLL and OCX, and even the MSCOMCT2.OCX has many many classes, I can't do it manually.

(Actually, I've tried to perform successfully on COMDLG32.OCX but it has 1 class only, but I failed on MSCOMCT2.OCX. Maybe I've missed some of them).

Also, if many domain user use that machine, is seems quite a lot of work to do that.

Can InstallShield v6.3 do that? If not, any InstallShield Product can do this?

Thanks.

fighter
08-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I think there is requirement of administrative privileges to register these dlls.

Try to use LaunchAppAndWait and use regsvr32.exe program to register the ocx and dll.

Best of luck.