PDA

View Full Version : Patch Applied?

hanther
07-15-2003, 06:20 PM
How can I tell if a patch has been applied or not? It appears that the update service can with the conditional statements for messages. Can I somehow do the same thing programmatically, ie, is it looking for the patch's guid somewhere on the computer, or does it just log when a patch has been downloaded and use that?

Chris Woerner
07-17-2003, 05:53 PM
It is important to know if the patch was applied correctly (not just downloaded). So, we ask MSI if the patch has been applied or not.

hanther
07-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Is there a way for me to do this programmatically myself from my own application? What I would like to do is verify myself that the patch has been ran on a specific computer so I know whether or not it was installed successfully (which in turn determines if I should try to run the install for the patch again or not)

RobertDickau
07-24-2003, 04:12 PM
In C, you can call the MsiEnumPatches API function; in VB, you can use the Patches property of the WindowsInstaller.Installer Automation interface.

For more information, please see the MSI help library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/about_windows_installer.asp.