View Full Version : Problems with displaying French characters

06-19-2003, 03:10 AM
When I tried to include some French text in the Latest Release description I got what it looked as Chinese/Japaneese characters on the web. See enclosed file.

06-27-2003, 05:05 AM
Some problem here for dutch, only if the user forces his page-language to the correct language, all displays fine.

07-10-2003, 12:38 AM
The same problem here for chinese, any Chinese characters can't display correctly. I wonder if there some patch can correct it or I have to wait for the next release.

Chris Woerner
07-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Our understanding is that for this to work properly, our runtime page needs to set a tag for IE to tell IE what language is being displayed. However with the current release, we don't know what language is being displayed. To do that, we will need to capture the language on the Publisher website and pass that into the runtime page. This is why it displays correctly when the user forces IE to display the correct language.

This isn't something that can be added quickly in a patch. We will be implementing full language support in the next release of the Update Service.