PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number Validation

patilvinayak
06-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I am posting this thread second time as it failed first time.. why I dont know.....

I am trying to validate serial number by using a DLL I have created in VB 6 which I have tested in VB project, I get error: "can not find the entry point of function .... make sure it is exported"

I have asked some experts and they have commented following....

1. InstallShield expects a standard type DLL that just exports functions. What you have created in VB is a ActiveX dll which is something rather different. Unfortunately there is no way to create standard DLLs in VB6, so I'm afraid that you have to look at C/C++ or some other language to accomplish this.

2. Installshield doesn't support COM only support standard DLL. ONLY c++ can create standard DLL not VB.

ARE THESE COMMENTS TRUE???
IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO VB PROGRAMMING FOR SERIAL KEY VALIDATION?? I AM NOT A VC++ OR C++ PROGRAMMER.....

VINAYAK

buntonn
07-13-2003, 06:57 AM
Guess this is a little late, but I have only just joined the community. What you have been told is correct, there is some sample C++ code in the samples folder of IS Express, if you don't have a C++ compiler to build a DLL, then I can help you with that.

Nick