PDA

View Full Version : Update download deferal possible?

smcgill
06-04-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm using update service automation objects to programmatically download updates, etc... I'm wondering if there was a way to "defer" a download.

For instance if 25% of an update download is completed and I want to stop downloading until later, but keep the current progress.... is that possible?

I tried calling the "IUpdate->CancelUpdate" method, but that stops the download and deletes any current progress. I also tried calling the "IUpdate->Complete(VARIANT_FALSE)" method, but I get a COM error saying it's not yet implemented.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris Woerner
06-04-2003, 05:30 PM
I think I understand what you are looking for. You want to send the Agent pause/resume commands. While that is on our feature list, that functionality is not available today.

smcgill
06-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Is there a rough time frame for this feature, or is it the type of thing that could happen months, a year+, ... who knows? Just curious because our software needs this type of feature eventually and we're wondering if we can leverage the update service objects... or if maybe we have to end up creating our own update service.

Thanks!