PDA

View Full Version : Single Project file for Multiple Platforms

aclarke
06-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Hi,

If I want to have a single project file that can be used to build different platform specific products, is this possible?

I've split all the file beans into product components that have product conditions that specify the platform i.e. Linux or Windows. Is there any way of telling ISMP to ignore the Windows beans when it is building a Linux build configuration?

Am I missing the point here? Do I need to maintain two different project files? I've seen other posts similar but no real answers. What do people do?

Thanks for any help or ideas you might have.

CharlesW
06-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Most people will typically maintan one project file which is broken down into platform specific components. The file sets for all platforms are built into the same installer and distributed. Of course, the installer is larger, due to the extra files, but it is much easier to maintain.

If you only wish to distribute a specific set of files to a specific platform, you would need to create separate project files. One for each platform. In addition, you could have only one project file, and manipulate this project file at built time using XSL to remove unwanted items from the project file.