PDA

View Full Version : desktop icon action stack overflows under windows

nkirby
05-29-2003, 11:18 AM
When I put a desktop icon action into a Windows project, the install fails after it collects all of the user inputs (prior to file copy).

I get a windows that says:

Please read the important information below:
Important Information

Looking at the log file (included) I see that InstallCheckPanel took a stack overflow error.

If I set the desktop icon bean active - false, it still fails. Everything is fine if the desktop icon bean is deleted.
I set the bean properties as follows:

folder:<a simple name>
name:<another simple name>
target: <set to an exe file in the files bean above the desktop icon bean>
relatvie target = false
args = <blank>
working directory = $P(installLocation)
WD releative = false

I include the WIndows specific properties:
folder context: program menu for all users
icon file: <blank>
icon file type: Installed
paltform specific target: <blank>
relative paltform specific target= true

I have messed around with the settings according to the help and the doc but to no avail. Anyone have a working set of settings?

William
05-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Could you post the log file, please?

nkirby
05-30-2003, 01:08 PM
My apologies, I thought I had included it the first time around.

:eek:

William
05-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Hmmmm... very odd...

Could you also post your project file? Actually, post two versions of the project file: the one that works and the one that gives the overflow exception. Maybe taking a look at those might give me a better clue as to what is going on here.

P.S. If you are using suites, please post the sub-product project files as well. Thanks...

nkirby
06-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks for looking, but I can't post the project file to the world. I did test a tiny project, and my settings worked fine. The real project is half a gig worth of files and a complex non-suite install. The build time is about 6 minutes. The whole install project is big enough that I am seeing bugs with MP5 that don't show on small test projects.

Now that I have proven it to act differently on my real project, I'll take it up with tech support (after I get SP1 installed).

Thanks again!