PDA

View Full Version : argument resolve problem

deepgau
05-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi,
i ma passing the selection made by the user to a script. first time the argument is ok, but if the user press back button and select different choice then argument is not changing. it retains it old value(selected first time). i inserted a text display panel it is showing the correct selection(i.e. it is changing) but not the argument to script.
I am using $W to get the value in both argument in exec wizard action as well as in text display panel

bye

CharlesW
05-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Arguments passed to the exec action bean will only be resolved the first time that the exec action bean is executed. After the first execution, the original values are lost if they were string resolvers (i.e. $W, $P, etc). If you wish to reset the arugments back to their original values each time that the exec action bean is executed, then you would use a bean similar to the attached sample bean.

To use, place this bean directly before the exec action bean. For the arguments property, specify the arguments that you wish to pass to the exec action bean. For the "target bean ID" property specify the bean ID of your exec action bean.

deepgau
05-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks Charle.