PDA

View Full Version : How do I include the Build number in the version?

ca_vagrant
05-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Using IS Professional 7, how can I include the build number in the version. If I try to include it, Update Services does not recognize it.

Chris Woerner
05-28-2003, 10:45 AM
In a nut shell, you need to change the version value in script in the UpdateServiceRegisterProduct function. That function is found in the OnMoveData event. A full explanation is below. You can also find more information in the help under the topic...... "Add the Update Service Agent to the Installation Setup".

---------
Default: By default, InstallShield Professional 7 uses version numbers in the format major.minor.build. By default, the Update Agent gets the Product Version from the setup package's ProductVersion property and uses only its major and minor fields—that is, it uses only AA.BB from the ProductVersion value AA.BB.CCCC.

Custom: If you need to use the full version string, you can override this default version string. In Professional 7.0, to register the full version string—that is, major.minor.build—pass the system variable IFX_PRODUCT_VERSION as the second argument to UpdateServiceRegisterProduct.