PDA

View Full Version : Setting defaults for User Input Panels

dmcelfci
05-27-2003, 07:36 AM
I am working on a configuration utility where I would like to prepoulate some fields in a User Input Panel with some values from a properties file that was installed on the users machine by our installer. I have created an empty wizard to do this. I have a custom action that goes and reads the information I need, but I can't seem to find a way to pass this back to my wizard as a property. Anyone know if this is possible?

Is the best way to do this to make my wizard a Product Installation and use the setProductBeanProperty method to get the values I need?

Thanks.

brianl
05-27-2003, 05:09 PM
You can actually set the properties directly on the User Input Panel from your custom bean without needing to use a SetProductBeanProperty bean. Follow the instructions in article Q105780 (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q105780) to set the User Input Panels wizard properties. Each of the fields on your User Input Panel will have a wizard bean property corresponding to the field name. If you set these properties before the User Input Panel displays, the fields will be pre-populated with these values.