PDA

View Full Version : Where is the uninstaller?

oyee12
05-15-2003, 03:46 PM
I created a Single Installer Suite Installation. I have 2 Product References that links to the 2 separate xml files that was previously built (using Typical Installer). After running the install, the uninstaller does not appear in the add/remove program.

When I run one of the installers that was created from the Typical Installer, the uninstaller now appears in the add/remove program. The uninstaller remains in my add/remove program even after ran the uninstall and it'll run numerous times and remains in my add/remove program. To make matters worst, it does not even remove any files that it installed.

Any help, ideas is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Owen

William
05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
The listing in the "Add\Remove Programs" applet is only added when the installation includes an uninstaller jvm launcher and uninstaller jvm resolution. If the suite does not have those set up, then there will be no addition into the applet after the installation.

oyee12
05-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Thanks, While that created the uninstall.exe and uninstall.bin, I still did not see the entry in the Add/Remove. Does the Single Install Single Suite create the entry?

The Typical Installer that I linked in my Single Suite installer works if I launch it separately.

any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
owen

William
05-16-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm not certain how "uninstall.bin" relates to this, since the "Add\Remove" applet is a Windows-only thing.

Anyhow, I just created a test suite and set up the product's uninstaller jvm resolution and uninstaller launcher. After running the installation, I saw the display name for the product in the "Add\Remove" applet, as expected. I can only think of two things off the top of my head:

- Is the display name for the root of the suite set? If that is not set, then the add\remove entry is not created, since there is no name to create it with. Make sure you have set the suite's display name.

- I'm not sure which Windows version you are working with, but try rebooting the machine after the installation is finished to make absolutely certain that the "Add\Remove" applet has refreshed itself.

oyee12
05-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks, its windows 2000 that slow in its refresh