PDA

View Full Version : Create a pop up!

TDO2002
05-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to create a pop up message on an installer screen when I move a mouse on top/across of an image/object on that screen? Can someone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks very much in advance

kleink
05-19-2003, 04:40 PM
If it's a tool tip and its a custom panel then you should proabably just use the components setToolTip() method.

Otherwise, you can use the WizardServices.displayUserMessage() method.

TDO2002
05-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks Kleink,

I think you misunderstood with what I want to do. I am not trying to create a Message box or stuffs like that. I want to create rollovers on top of certain images on InstallShileld screens. For example, if I drag the mouse over, let's say a question mark, then there'll be rollover/pop up message saying this is Help. Hope you get my point now. If you have any solutions, please let me know.

Thanks very much

kleink
05-20-2003, 05:07 PM
What you are trying to do is add tool tips to the gui.

If this is a custom panel then this should not be an issue (just use setToolTipText()) for the components in the gui you want to have tool tips displayed for.

See the javadoc for JComponent (assuming you are writing for SwingImpl).

TDO2002
05-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Hi Kleink,

Thanks for your response. I don't know what ToolTipText() is. Can you give me more details. As far as I've used so far to create my installer. I use visual studio (Visual C++) to create my custom panels (dialogs). Then I build a dll and throw it into the installshield to create the installer. Do you mean I have to use ToolTipText() while creating my custom dialogs? Does ToolTipText() work in visual C++?

Thanks once again