PDA

View Full Version : Warning -4354

ramirezdavid
05-07-2003, 10:43 AM
i tried to create my setup.exe of a VB system, but this is the problem that i have:

** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\OLE DB\OLEDB32R.DLL in feature ScannedProject. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINNT\System32\msjet40.dll in feature ScannedProject. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINNT\System32\msrd3x40.dll in feature ScannedProject. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINNT\System32\rsabase.dll in feature ScannedProject. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

I don't know what to do to solve my problem; could you help me??Thank.
:confused:

Buddy Jain
09-29-2003, 08:37 AM
I would suggest you to do the following :

1. Go to "Files" view and select your dll files, right click to view file properties.

2. Select tab "COM & .Net settings" and change the 'Registration type' to "Self-registeration"

Since for some reasons COM data might not be able to get extracted, which may cause this error to occur. Now build your setup again and check the behavior.

Hope you find this information useful.