PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Panels don't stretch well.

hbarakat
05-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Anyone else try this?

In the Install Properties re-size your frames to 740 width, 500 height and see what happens.
(make sure to set Wizard Image Orientation to "Background")

build and run your project (I'm testing the Swing implementation)

On Windows, the background image doesn't seem to stretch.
On Linux, the background image doesn't stretch AND the South area of the panel is seriously messed up.

anyone else run into this? (anyone know if this is an acknowledged bug?)

./H.B.:confused:

Jeff Dillon
05-01-2003, 03:24 PM
You should use a background image that is the same size as the panel size.

During development, we found that stretching images caused the images to look bad and was difficult to use for the end user. The image being off by 1 pixel caused the image to look bad.

It is a known issue, but it is by design. You could stretch the image your self in a Paint program.

brmatthews
05-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Do you have the resize turned on or off?

When you have resize turned off and change the default size of the panels, there is a bug in 5.0.

If you don't want to allow resize, but need to fix this garbage on the south end of the panels, there is a workaround...

Just set your project to allow for resize and then add this DisableResize wizard to the Wizard Tree as the very first thing under your Wizard Root. This effectively allows the redraw functionality (since you resized every panel to your own default size) to take place without allowing the user to resize your panels. Hopefully InstallShield 5.0 sp1 will have this fix...I have already called about it a while back.

import com.installshield.wizard.*;
import com.installshield.wizard.swing.*;
import java.awt.Frame;
import javax.swing.*;

public class DisableResize extends WizardAction
{
public void execute(WizardBeanEvent event)
{
SwingWizardUI ui = (SwingWizardUI) getWizard().getUI();
Frame f = ui.getFrame();
f.setResizable(false);
}
}

hbarakat
05-06-2003, 07:09 AM
thanks for the replies.

I found that using a background image that is the exact size of the default size of the panels works (in that I don't get the garbage at the bottom in a Linux env).

But I'm glad there is another work-around as sometimes resources don't allow for new images.

thanks.
./H.B.:)