PDA

View Full Version : Get Wizard Bean from inside a Product Bean Condition?

kleink
04-28-2003, 05:13 PM
I have a product condition in which I need access to either the instance of a Wizard Bean, or one of its properties.

The property I need access to is an Object (not a String).

I have tried setting the property in my Condition to $W(BeanID.propertyName) but it beeps and erases what I enter - from this I am assuming that you cannot have properties that are not Strings. I have added the property to the BeanInfo of the Wizard Bean, and am referring to it properly.

Is there a way to get a reference to the instance of the Wizard Bean from my Condition class?

thanks.

kleink
04-29-2003, 10:21 AM
is it just not possible?

It seems like someone with experience would have a definitive answer for me on this one.

I have searched the manual and online but have yet to find an answer to this question.

In the meantime I have written a work-around, but it seems ridiculous to have to serialize my object out to a String and load it back once it is passed to the Action...

kleink
04-29-2003, 10:27 AM
is it just not possible?

It seems like someone with experience would have a definitive answer for me on this one.

I have searched the manual and online but have yet to find an answer to this question.

In the meantime I have written a work-around, but it seems ridiculous to have to serialize my object out to a String and load it back once it is passed to the Action...

RobertDickau
05-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, regarding your original post, $W and other string-resolver methods can return only strings...

kleink
05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
string resolver

doh. long week.