PDA

View Full Version : Summary panel: BUG?

aprabhu
04-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Typical installation project running on Windows 2000 bundled with JVM 1.4.1_01.

The project is simple, doesn't contain any files; however, after the installation summary panel I've inserted a launch browser panel.

At the end of the installation, I encounter a java.exe error and a dialog is displayed - it's a Dr.Watson error and a log file is generated (however, I don't know where the log file is).

If I bundle this project with JVM 1.3.1_07 the java.exe problem doesn't exist ... any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
-Arvind

Ken Alverson
04-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Arvind,

One of our distributors is reporting the blue screen of death when using the international jvm 1.4.1_01. When he uses a previous verison of the jvm, all works fine. More details:

Problem: BlueScreen with German Version ONLY on my PC. Blue
Screen states
xxxstop: 0x0000001E
(0XC0000005,0X8046AB77,0x0000001,00000000) KMODE
Exception not handled
This happens on a notebook with the following information:
Dell Inspiron 3800 with W2K SP3 and 512 MB Memory (also
tested with 256 MB)
Java Version 1.4.1_01-b01

Ken

aprabhu
04-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Ken,

We've seen weird behavior on some of our older laptops - it had to do with the hardware acceleration setting for our display. The hardware acceleration was set to max.

When we disabled the acceleration, the problem went away. The problem we were facing was not a blue screen of death - the display used to get scrambled and sometimes the laptop used to hang.

We have a Toshiba Tecra 8200 running Windows 2000 with 512MB RAM. For us, to get to the hardware acceleration setting:

1. Open the "Display Properties" dialog (Control Panel->Display)
2. Go to the "Settings" tab
3. Click on the "Advanced" button
4. Another properties dialog is displayed
5. Go to the "Troubleshooting" tab
6. Reduce the hardware acceleration

Don't know if this information helps; however, all of us at work were facing this problem. Let me know if this was useful info.

Thanks.
-Arvind

Ken Alverson
04-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by aprabhu
Ken,

We've seen weird behavior on some of our older laptops - it had to do with the hardware acceleration setting for our display. The hardware acceleration was set to max.

When we disabled the acceleration, the problem went away. The problem we were facing was not a blue screen of death - the display used to get scrambled and sometimes the laptop used to hang.

We have a Toshiba Tecra 8200 running Windows 2000 with 512MB RAM. For us, to get to the hardware acceleration setting:

1. Open the "Display Properties" dialog (Control Panel->Display)
2. Go to the "Settings" tab
3. Click on the "Advanced" button
4. Another properties dialog is displayed
5. Go to the "Troubleshooting" tab
6. Reduce the hardware acceleration

Don't know if this information helps; however, all of us at work were facing this problem. Let me know if this was useful info.

Thanks.
-Arvind

Hi Arvind,

Our distributor has solved his problem using downloading and installing Sun 1.4.1_02 JVM. -FYI