PDA

View Full Version : new product bean to delete directory



Ken Alverson
03-25-2003, 09:35 AM
I have been trying to get the new product bean that deletes directories to work. It is failing for one of two reasons:

1. The jvm subdirectory previously installed appears to have the read only attribute set. I have tried removing this attribute with explore, but it does not appear to take.

2. The relative directory is incorrect on my bean properties. I have used the same one that I used to install it on the jvm resolution bean. To make sure, I added several more with various parts of the relative path specified, and finally three at the end which use the full path with $d(install), $PATH($P(absoluteInstallLocation)), and one with a complete hard code path to the directory. None these worked.

I would like to discover what the actual paths that are being used by the above delete directory bean. Turning on logging from the multisuite installer does not tell me much since it is the first product being installed where the problem is located. Also, is there a way to force the removable of a directory even if it is read only?

In the pervious version 4.5, I used the file manipulation beans which appeared to work fine. I may need to go back to using these again.

Jeff Dillon
03-25-2003, 10:33 AM
If the directory property is not an absolute path, then the parent components install location is used.

You should be able to see the actual path being used by this bean by turning on debugging which can be done by setting the java system property, is.debug.

Like...

java -Dis.debug=1 -jar setup.jar

Ken Alverson
03-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Dillon
If the directory property is not an absolute path, then the parent components install location is used.

You should be able to see the actual path being used by this bean by turning on debugging which can be done by setting the java system property, is.debug.

Like...

java -Dis.debug=1 -jar setup.jar

I put back the custom FileSystemManipulation class. This class works fine. All is working now. I used jvm as the source directory to delete in the FileSystemManipulation class. The same jvm directory for the product delete bean does not work. Since I am running this install from a native multisuite launcher, the above option is not one I can use.

As a side note, another thing I noticed is that when I answered the jvm overwrite message with no or cancel (failing the install), it did not do the rollback for that component. When I tried to rerun the install, it kept the new version information for that component and indicated 0 bytes to install.